Monday 16 March 2015

Rusty Roots!


Ive been getting back to my roots the last couple of weeks working with some rust!
A little different to the sculptures of old, less chunky and clunky and a little more refined.

The smell of oxidisation and the in-ground dirt on my hands that only rusty metal can produce had me reminiscing of  times gone by when Id be busting my moves with the arc welder.

Introducing, "Man Jewels" , but not just for the men!

Here's a bit of a look at how the magic happens......


Lovely rusty steel dots.
Getting my silver ready to surround them.

silver cut and ready to be soldered.

Silver surrounds soldered to the backs, ready for filing, sanding and cleaning.

Perfect fit!


Rings and pendants. Silver and steel, a match made in heaven.

The finished product!



In keeping with the rusty theme, Ive installed a new window display.

No comments:

Post a Comment